CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 15, 2011

Joy Journal

The past 8 months of my life have been emotional, to say the least. I have been given both my greatest blessing and my hardest trial. For those who don't know, my Dad passed away only 10 days before I married the love of my life. It was by far the most complicated emotions I have ever felt. How can someone feel so insanely happy and so devestatingly sad at the same time? Well, I'm living witness that it happens.

Heavenly Father has truly blessed my life. I have an AMAZING Husband, who stands beside me 100% of the time. He loves me, more that I probably deserve. I have been blessed with not just one but two wonderful families. I've been blessed with both a Mother that I absolutly adore and a wonderful Mother Inlaw. I have wonderful friends. I have a beautiful home to live in and cars to drive. Both Justin and I have great jobs in this tough economy. I have been blessed with having the Gospel in my life. I know who I am and I know the Eternal Plan for my life. I have been blessed to have the Priesthood in my home and more importantly, a man that honors it. We have a fun/challanging calling in our Ward. We love our little 7-8 year olds. I feel that I am generally a happy person. I have been blessed in so many ways. But I feel that I have let my trials get me down the past few months, and tend to forget about all of these wonderful blessings.

SO...I've decided to change that! A while back, my Mom told me about this "Joy Journal" she keeps. We both have a hard time remembering to keep our personal journals current. So this was her way to record some of the important moments in her life. She keeps this small notebook by her bed. And each night, she writes something about her day that gave her joy. Even if it's just one sentence. Maybe someone called to say "I love you". Or someone gave her a hug. Whatever it is, no matter how small, if it gives her joy....she writes it.

Well....beings I use my blog as my family journaling, I've decided to COUNT MY BLESSINGS and blog my "Joy Moments" each week.


1. Our Primary class were first to be dismissed from Primary (They have to be the most reverent to be dismissed. We almost alway last)
2. The sun came out this week.
3. Justin and I enjoyed a walk together.
4. I took a nap on Justin's lap while he watched Baseball.
5. Molly spent the night.
6. It was warm enough to wear flip flps
7. I got off work by 1pm on Friday!!!

1 comments:

Kendra

What an excellent idea! I might have to try this out myself!

Post a Comment